THIS WEEK IN NOOSA
15 – 21 March 2019
UPCOMING EVENTS St Patrick’s Day: Celebrate St Patrick’s Day in Noosa on Sun 17 March –
• Noosa Arts & Crafts Association presents St Patrick was a Gentleman, songs and stories with harpist Hilary O'Neill, 5pm, Wallace House, Wallace Dve, Noosaville, $30 incl drinks, nibbles, book on 5474 1211
• Live modern and traditional Irish music at Flanagan’s, Noosa Reef Hotel, Noosa Dve, Noosa Heads, 10am to late. Tis Irish Live, Noosa Pipe Band, Rok of The Irish, Mooncoin. Irish menu all day and Irish brews on tap. Giant Jenga and Connect 4 in the beer garden. After party with live beats by Untold.
• KB’s at Nomads Noosa, Noosa Dve, Noosa Junction has a St Patrick’s Day party in the bar from 8pm to midnight with specials and St Patrick’s Day fun.
Munch Festival: Great food; the inaugural Wing Cup (wing sauce challenge); drinks; live music with Cameron de la Vega and Miranda Deutsch, Palomino III and Gian; chef demonstrations; and roving entertainment outdoors at the Imperial Hotel, Eumundi this Sat 16 March, 2-8pm, free entry
Junction Twilight Markets: Food stalls, drinks at happy hour prices all night at the pop-up bar, artisan stalls and live music by Jordan Mayhew, Fri 15 March, 5-9pm, Arcadia St, Noosa Junction
Duck into Gusto: If you love duck, check out Gusto Restaurant on the river, Gympie Tce, Noosaville with two March specials, including complimentary glass of wine. Lunch is Potato gnocchi, duck and mushroom ragout, pecorino, Mon-Sat, $27. Dinner is Duck pie, mash, peas, onion gravy, Mon-Fri, $35. Ph 5449 7144
Find your Fortune: Fortune Fine Spirits launches at the new Noosa Heads Distillery at Land & Sea Brewery, 19 Venture Dve, Noosaville, Fri 15 March, 5-10pm. Unique spirits made on the premises, and cocktails
Waste Less Gourmet Lunch: Join Slow Food Noosa for the Waste Less Gourmet Lunch, Tues 19 March, noon, View Restaurant, Peppers Noosa Resort & Villas, with chef Matt Golinski and Helen Andrews from Spare Harvest, $59 for Slow Food members, $69 non-members. Must book at stickytickets.com.au/83440
The Big Time: NOOSA alive! and Ensemble Theatre Sydney present David Williamson's The Big Time, set in the ruthless world of celebrity, 21-23 March, The J, 60 Noosa Drive, Noosa Junction, nightly at 7.30pm ($65) and Sat matinee at 2pm ($60). Stars Claudia Barrie and Zoe Carides. Book at thej.com.au or ph 5329 6560
Majestic Nights: Electrik Lemonade, Papaya Tree, Global Party People at The Majestic Theatre, Pomona, Sat 16 Mar, 7pm. Also DJs, bar, food, 18+, $25 pre-sale through Oztix or $30 at the door – cash only. Also at Berkelouw Books Eumundi; The Drop Noosa Junction; Little Shop of Soul Cooroy; New Earth Café Coolum
Live music: Check out live music in Noosa from 15 – 21 March
• It’s Roots Rock Reggae Sunday at The Shared, 13 Railway St, Yandina, 17 March, 4-9pm, with Kayso Grande, Mantis Empire and Dosed, licensed bar, food and dancing, $10 at the door, child friendly
• Glen Shorrock is at Tewantin Noosa RSL, Tewantin, this Sun 17 March, 3pm, with Shane Kells and Gretta Ziller from 1pm, $35 club members, $40 non-members, ph 54471766. Empyre are on Fri 15 March, 8pm; Claptomaniacs are on Sat from 8pm; and The Vibe Duo play on Thurs 21 March from 6pm • Sound Feast has free live music with The Holy Rollercoasters, Nightfly, Aspy Jones, Global Harmonies world music community choir, Fri 15 March, 6pm, The J, 60 Noosa Dve, Noosa Junction, all ages, bar
• In Hearts Wake, Alpha Wolf and The Brave are at Villa Noosa Hotel, Fri 15 March, 8pm, $34.70
• AJ Duo plays at Noosa Heads Surf Club this Fri 15 March, 8.30pm; Fiona O’shea & The Passengers are on Sat, 8.30pm; and Brad Schultz is on Sun from 2-5pm
• Juzzie Smith, Alisha Todd and Tribal Groove at Original Eumundi Markets, Sat 16 March, 9am-1.30pm
• At Peregian Beach Hotel, see The Famo's on Fri 15 March, 7pm; on Sat, Smiles All Round Balter Tour with DJs Wongo, Tim Fuchs and Julian Wood; and on Sun, Mark Moroney from 3pm
• At Noosa Beach House Bar, Hastings St, Mark Moroney, Fri, 7pm; Brad Schultz, Sat 5pm; Andrea Kirwin, Sun 3pm. At Riviera Bar & Lounge, Andrew Jolly, Sun, 4pm; Mark Moroney, Thurs 21 March, 5pm
• Ordio (Brett Gadenne) is at the Imperial Hotel Eumundi this Fri 15 March, 6.30-9.30pm. On Sat in the Beer Garden, The Brown Trouts play from noon to 4pm, and Alisha Todd from 6.30-9.30pm. On Sun, Benny O plays in the Beer Garden from 2-5pm. Also live music for Munch Festival (see above)
WHY NOT.... Learn to surf: Learn to surf in Noosa’s calm waters! Call the Visitor Information Centre on 1 3000 NOOSA or see visitnoosa.com.au/play for local surf schools. You’ll be standing up in no time!
See more at visitnoosa.com.au/thisweek or visitnoosa.com.au/events